Brett Turnbull has embraced the philosophy of keeping clients first in distinguishing himself as a leading trial lawyer, recognized for his jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients killed or injured by the negligent and wrongful actions of others. When Brett goes before a jury, he realizes he has one job: to get justice for his client by proving their claims and guiding the jury to award a fair and reasonable verdict.
Brett has more than a decade of successful courtroom experience in complex litigation, including trucking cases, products liability, automobile defects, pediatric burns, traumatic brain injury and nursing home malpractice.
Respect for individuals and for the justice system led Brett, a graduate of the University of Alabama, to pursue legal studies at The Cumberland School of Law. There, he discovered his true passion: trial law. As a class leader, Brett won national recognition for his trial advocacy skills.
That leadership track continued throughout Brett's legal career. Today, he gives back to his profession by serving in leadership positions with the Alabama Association for Justice, Alabama State Bar, and Southern Trial Lawyers Association.
Brett and his wife Dawn have been married for 13 years and have four children, Brett, Arden, Miller, and Bess. When he's not in the courtroom, you can find Brett and his family outside playing their favorite sports: baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, and tennis. They also enjoy taking time out of their busy schedule to relax at the lake or the beach for a weekend. The Turnbulls are active members at South Highland Presbyterian Church in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Alabama Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court – District of Colorado
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 2013-Present
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers, 2013-2016, 2018
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2011-2012
- Alabama Association for Justice – Emerging Leaders Section Chair (2014), Trial Contributor, Executive Committee, Speaker at both Emerging Leaders Seminars and AAJ Statewide Seminars.
- Alabama State Bar – Young Lawyers Section, Lawyer Referral Service, Young Lawyer Executive Committee (2006)
- Birmingham Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, Jefferson County Lawyer Mentoring Program
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association – Alabama Board of Governors (2012-2013)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science, International Finance
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Arts, German